سی و دوم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح سخت
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there! Welcome to our little test for lesson 32.
Alright! “Picture It” Now, please take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? So, what do you say? Sure, that would be… “Flee”. This illustration suggests the word “Flee”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below. I’ll help you through this. 1) The uneventful* flow of news was interrupted by a report of a ship in …. A report of a ship in misfortune, in great danger. Yes, that’s “distress”.
2) Our temperature for the day dropped from a … of 85 degrees to a minimum* of 70 degrees. The word we’re looking for means the greatest amount. The answer is “maximum”.
3) The dishonest employee* planned to … with several thousand dollars of the company’s money. The dishonest employee planned to run away with several thousand dollars. Yes, that’d be “flee”.
4) It was easy to see that the club members resented* Phil’s … them with silly questions. The word we’re looking for means annoying someone, to cause pain to. The answer is “tormenting”.
5) Colonel Bishop’s deep sense of … to his men signifies* an honest and honorable nature. His deep sense of faithfulness. So, that’s “loyalty”.
6) Elizabeth was finally* persuaded* to … for her remark and to pledge* to be more careful in the future. Actually, because of this mistake in the original book, I have to explain a little more about this one. The word we’re looking for means to express regret for something that one has done wrong. It’s a verb. We didn’t study this one in the vocabulary part. That’s “apologize”.
7) What I admire in Marty is that he never abandoned* his … in their time of need. He never abandoned his fellow workers. The answer to this one would be “colleagues”.
8) Mr Harris’ manipulation* of the bank funds … his greed*. His manipulation of the bank funds is a sign of his greed. It shows his greed. Right, that’s “signified”.
9) Debra had a tendency* to … all her questions to the librarian instead of looking them up herself. The word we’re looking for means direct attention to or speak about; assign to or think of as caused by. The answer is “refer”.
10) The registration for this course has … to the point where we must consider* eliminating* it from the curriculum. Has been reduced, has become smaller. The answer would be “diminished”.
11) The names of the days of the week are based on the names of the gods and goddesses of Norse …. Norse legends and stories. The answer is “mythology”.
12) The distressing* fact is that we are all … to natural disasters. We’re all capable of being injured. So, the word we’re looking for is “vulnerable”.
Great. Now, the next part, “Word Detective” As you know, you have to choose the word that corresponds to each definition below. Take a look at this page. You can pause here, choose the correct words, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you the correct answers. Are you ready?
Alright! I hope you enjoyed lesson 32. See you in the next one, good bye.
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.