سی و سوم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح سخت
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there! Welcome to our little test for lesson 33.
First part, “Picture It” Take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? What do you say? Yes, that’s … “lecture”. This illustration suggests the word “lecture”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1) The culprit* … his oath* in court as if his tongue were numb*. He spoke indistinctly. The answer is “mumbled”.
2) The … of material stuffed under Mr Marlowe’s shirt made him look bulky* enough to play the part of Santa. The mass of material stuffed under his shirt. The correct answer would be “wad”.
3) With the evidence* mounting* against him, Dr Parkman was persuaded* to … the best lawyer in the state. Dr Parkman was persuaded to employ the best lawyer in the state. Right, that’s “retain”.
4) In a fine showing of loyalty, many … responded to the fire. We’re looking for a word which means people who enter any service of their own free will. That’s “volunteers”.
5) Our party was a … blend* of good fellowship, song, and dance. This one means merry; full of fun. The answer would be “jolly”.
6) The defense attorney made a desperate plea* to the jury not to allow the hazy* evidence* to … them against his client*. To form an opinion without taking time and care to judge fairly. So, that’s “prejudice”.
7) Edith’s fierce* loyalty* has … the investigation of the crime. It has limited, it has made it hard. The answer is “hindered”.
8) Flynn was usually talkative but the accident left him …. Left him speechless; silent. That’s “mute”.
9) There were visible* signs that the child had been severely* …. Severely mistreated, the child had been treated badly. Right, this one is “abused”.
10) The … screams of the jet planes lead many people to envy* the quiet country life. The high-pitched screams of the jet planes. The answer would be “shrill”.
11) Father gave Steve a … for neglecting* to wash the car. Father scolded Steve for neglecting to wash the car. That’s “lecture”.
12) A … line in Shakespeare’s plays may not get a chuckle in our century*. And the last one, a clever line, cleverly amusing. The answer is “witty”.
Alright. Let’s go for the next part. “Creativity Exercise” Now, make up your own sentences, one for each of the new words you have just been taught. You can pause here, write your own sentences, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you some possible answers. Are you ready?
Fine, we’re finished now. I hope you enjoyed lesson 33. See you in the next one, good bye.
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.