بیست و ششم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح ساده
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there! Welcome to our little test for lesson 26.
The first part, “Picture It” Take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? What do you say? Exactly, he’s trying to quench his thirst. This illustration suggests the word “Quench”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1) History has shown us that tyranny* cannot … the human desire for freedom. Tyranny cannot end the human desire for freedom. So, the first one is “quench”.
2) The sailors used the North Star to … them to their destination. The North Star helped them find their way. The answer is “guide”.
3) Our eyes … to sudden light by blinking. Our eyes react to sudden light by blinking. This one is “respond”.
4) The coach … to the pitcher to watch for a bunt. The coach gave the pitcher a signal. The answer is “beckoned”.
5) Little Benjy was foolish enough to … out on the thin ice. He was foolish enough to risk it. So, the answer would be “venture”.
6) If we are … to vote without hearing all sides of the issue, we could make a serious mistake. If we are forced to vote. That’s “compelled”.
7) Power in the hands of the ignorant is an … responsibility. The word we’re looking for means causing or showing great fear, wonder, or respect. So, that’s “awesome”.
8) Benedict Arnold … his country. He was unfaithful to his country. The answer is “betrayed”. He betrayed his country.
9) The only … excuse for Barry’s failure is his lack* of effort. The only excuse that could be true, the only excuse that is able to be true. The answer is “possible”.
10) It was not possible* to … the excited woman after she was fined for jaywalking. It was not possible to make her calm. It was not possible to… “pacify”.
11) The last words … by the dying soldier were, “We must hold the fort”. The last words that the dying soldier said. The last words spoken by him. The answer is “uttered”.
12) Ralph found himself in an … situation when his blind date turned out to be a foot taller than he. He found himself in an uncomfortable, embarrassing situation. So, that would be “awkward”.
Alright. Let’s go for the next part. “True or False” Now, based on the way the new word is used, write T (true) or F (false) next to the sentence. You can pause here, answer this exercise, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you the correct answers. Are you ready?
Great. We’re finished now.
I hope you enjoyed lesson 26. See you in the next one, good bye.
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.