بیست و هفتم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح سخت
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there! Welcome to our little test for lesson 27.
First part, “Picture It” Take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? What do you say? Yes, that’s … “Monarch”. This illustration suggests the word “Monarch”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1) The dying soldier made a last … effort to rise. He made a last weak effort to rise. The answer is “feeble”.
2) Though the victim’s breathing had …, the fireman continued giving oxygen. Though the victim’s breathing had stopped. So, what do you say? Yep, that’d be “ceased”.
3) We often regret a … statement made in the heat of an argument. We often regret our hasty or careless statements. So, the answer is “rash”.
4) Now that you have … all your excuses, tell us the truth. The word we’re looking for means empty completely; use up. So, that’s “exhausted”.
5) The bout was fought to determine who would be the … of the ring. We’re looking for someone who rules; king or queen. So, that’s “monarch”.
6) An increase in pollution* will … our normal ways of life. It will interrupt, break down our normal ways of life. The answer is “disrupt”.
7) Macy’s Department Store always says, “It pays to be … “. The word we’re looking for means saving; careful in spending. The answer is “thrifty”.
8) I have learned to read Spanish …, but I cannot speak it so well. I have learned to read Spanish very quickly. Can you guess? Sure, that would be “rapidly”. We need an adverb here.
9) The … of the pain compelled* Frank to call the doctor in the middle of the night. The harshness, the seriousness of the pain. So, that’s “severity”.
10) Under certain conditions, oxygen will … with hydrogen to form water. Oxygen and hydrogen will join together to form water. The word we’re looking for is “unite”.
11) … a warning glance from the teacher, Harold continued to annoy the girl next to him. In spite of a warning glance from the teacher. The correct answer is “Despite”.
12) It is best to be neither too … nor too careless about one’s money. It is best to be neither too stingy nor too careless about one’s money. Yes, the answer is “miserly”.
Alright. Let’s go for the next part. “Creativity Exercise” Now, make up your own sentences, one for each of the new words you have just been taught. You can pause here, write your own sentences, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you some possible answers. Are you ready?
Great. We’re finished now.
I hope you enjoyed lesson 27. See you in the next one, good bye.
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.