سی و ششم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح سخت
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there! Welcome to our little test for lesson 36.
First part, “Picture It” Take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? What do you say? Yes, that’s … “scorch”. This illustration suggests the word “scorch”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1) I insist* on a … answer to my question. I insist on a quick answer. That’s “prompt”.
2) Harriet’s anger was subsequently* … by the apology*. The word we’re looking for means to calm; to comfort. The correct answer would be “soothed”.
3) The minister said those who are not … from sin will perish*. This one means to pay off; to make up for. Right, that’s “redeemed”.
4) Joseph could not … from embracing* his long-lost brother. He couldn’t hold back. That’s “refrain”.
5) My cat and dog, though traditionally* enemies, have lived in perfect … for years. They get on well together. So, they’re living in perfect “harmony”.
6) Because he liked to be prompt*, Sal ate only a … meal. A quick, a hurried meal. So, that’s “hasty”.
7) The farmers were grateful* that the … had not destroyed their harvest*. They were grateful that the violent storm hadn’t destroyed their harvest. The answer is “tempest”.
8) Jenny picked up the hot iron just as it was about to … my shirt. It was about to burn my shirt. That’s “scorch”.
9) The couple seemed so … that the breakup baffled* us. The word we’re looking for means having or showing kind feelings toward others. Right, this one is “sympathetic”.
10) Chris Pollaro … his former position with the company. He began again; he took again his former position. The answer would be “resumed”.
11) It is … to own firearms without a license. It’s not lawful, it’s against the law. That’s “illegal”.
12) It is impossible* to estimate* the harm caused by the illegal* use of …. Use of drugs that produce drowsiness, dullness. The answer is “narcotics”.
Alright. Let’s go for the next part. “Creativity Exercise” Now, make up your own sentences, one for each of the new words you have just been taught. You can pause here, write your own sentences, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you some possible answers. Are you ready?
Fine, we’re finished now. I hope you enjoyed lesson 36. See you in the next one, good bye.
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.