سی و هفتم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح سخت
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there! Welcome to our little test for lesson 37.
The first part, “Picture It” Take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? What do you say? Exactly, this illustration suggests the word “summit”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1) The exhausted* regiment … down to a few troops. The regiment became smaller and smaller. Now, the answer would be “dwindled”.
2) Secret documents* listed the … to the large fortune. The person who inherits. So, that’s “heir”.
3) Iris made a … attempt to ignore* their biting comments. An intended, careful attempt. So, that’s “deliberate”.
4) The … of waste materials has polluted* our rivers. The extra material. The answer is “surplus”.
5) Charles blundered* off in the wrong direction without … my warning cries. Without paying attention to my warning cries. That’s “heeding”.
6) Lincoln tried in vain* to keep the North and South …. To keep the North and South united. Yes, that’s “unified”.
7) It did not take long before the unruly* crowd turned into a mob of howling …. The word we’re looking for means people who destroy public property. So, that would be “vandals”.
8) The confirmed* bachelor* could not … having anyone touch a single utensil* in his home. He could not accept, endure. This one is “abide”.
9) If the … does not end soon, I can predict* a famine*. If this lack of rain, lack of water does not end soon. So, that’s “drought”.
10) The population* rise will reach its … in a few years and then it will level off. It will reach its highest point. The answer is “summit”.
11) Lt Jenkins lost every morsel* of self-respect and became a … to his flag. He became someone who betrays his country. The word we’re looking for is “traitor”.
12) The loyal* captain, … in defeat, won the sympathy* of the people. The word we’re looking for means noble; grand; dignified. So, that’s “majestic”.
Alright. Let’s go for the next part. “Antonyms” Now, circle the ones that most nearly express the opposite meaning of our new words. You can pause here, answer this exercise, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you the correct answers. Are you ready?
Great. We’re finished now.
I hope you enjoyed lesson 37. See you in the next one, good bye.
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.