سی و یکم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح سخت
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there! Welcome to our little test for lesson 31.
First part, “Picture It” Take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? What do you say? Yes, that’s — “commuter”. This illustration suggests the word “commuter”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1) Celia was left — after working so hard all her life. The word we’re looking for means not doing anything; not busy. The answer is “idle”.
2) I would — that claim if I did not know you were jesting*. I would disagree, I would oppose. The correct answer would be “dispute”.
3) This site* will attract many home buyers because of the advantages for the —. For the people who travel regularly. Right, that’s “commuter”.
4) The early pioneers exhibited* great — in braving the hardships* of the new frontiers. Great bravery, great courage. That’s “valor”.
5) A — of caution* helped Mr Samler to avoid* the obvious* risks in his new job. The word we’re looking for means a distinctive quality, style, or tendency. The answer would be “vein”.
6) It is no misfortune* to spend a few — days without excitement and conflict*. A few days without any important or striking happening. So, that’s “uneventful”.
7) The — element of society ignores* the warnings about the dangers of drugs. The insane, the foolish element of society. The answer is “lunatic”.
8) Since the statement was made in — it is not a valid* point to argue. Since the statement was just a joke. That’s “jest”.
9) I asked my opponent* in the debate* to — his remarks to the subject under discussion. The word we’re looking for means to keep in; hold in. That’s “confine”.
10) How can we transmit* a healthy — view to the next generation? This word means loving one’s country; showing love and loyal support for one’s country. The answer would be “patriotic”.
11) People have always wanted to inhabit* the land where the soil is most —. The word we’re looking for means bearing seeds or fruit; producing much of anything. That’s “fertile”.
12) People still worship the — of greed* and power. And the last one, a symbol or a thing which people worship. The answer is “idol”.
Alright. Let’s go for the next part. “Creativity Exercise” Now, make up your own sentences, one for each of the new words you have just been taught. You can pause here, write your own sentences, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you some possible answers. Are you ready?
Great. We’re finished now.
I hope you enjoyed lesson 31. See you in the next one, good bye.
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.