بیست و پنجم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح سخت
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there! Welcome to our little test for lesson 25.
First part, “Picture It” Take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? What do you say? Yes, that’s… “baggage”. This illustration suggests the word “baggage”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1) The … compartment of the plane was inspected for bombs. What you take when you travel. So, the word we’re looking for is “baggage”. The baggage compartment.
2) A storm on the night of the prom meant … for the senior class plans. It meant a disaster. That’s “calamity”.
3) Good government would assure that there are no more … in the land. No more poor people. That would be “paupers”.
4) The strain of the three-hour examination almost brought Leslie to a state of … . Almost brought her to a state of a breakdown. Yep, that’s “collapse”.
5) Now that the quintuplets have come along, we are calling on an … to devise* plans for an extension to our home. We’re looking for someone who makes plans for buildings and other structures. So, that’s “architect”.
6) The hungry man was … for stealing a loaf of bread. We’re looking for a word that means bring before a court. That’s “prosecuted”. The hungry man was prosecuted.
7) Bringing expensive* toys to newborn infants, is just another way to … your money. Is just another way to waste your money. The answer would be “squander”.
8) Bloodhounds were brought in to hunt for the … in the dense* forest. They were brought in to hunt for the runaway. So, that’s “fugitive”.
9) When it was learned that Mr Smythe had failed to divorce his first wife, he was charged with … . We’re looking for a word that means having two wives or husbands at the same time. The answer would be “bigamy”.
10) Traveling … is an educational experience. Traveling outside the country. It’s “abroad”.
11) What is there to … in a high mark that was not honestly achieved? To be jealous of a high mark. That’s “envy”.
12) Everyone can see that … has brought Jim and Stella great happiness. Marriage has brought them great happiness. So, the word we’re looking for is “matrimony”.
Alright. Let’s go for the next part. “Creativity Exercise” Now, make up your own sentences, one for each of the new words you have just been taught. You can pause here, write your own sentences, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you some possible answers. Are you ready?
Great. We’re finished now.
I hope you enjoyed lesson 25. See you in the next one, good bye.
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.