چهل و یکم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح سخت
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there! Welcome to our little test for lesson 41.
The first part, “Picture It” Take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? What do you say? Exactly, this illustration suggests the word “parole”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1) The children shrieked* with fear as the … flew over them. As the flying insect flew over them. Now, the answer would be “wasp”.
2) It is illegal* to … prisoners until they have served a minimum* sentence. It’s illegal to free prisoners conditionally. So, that’s “parole”.
3) The municipal* council voted to … the run-down section of the city and to make it a model residential area. The council voted to reform, restore, make over in a new form. So, that’s “rehabilitate”.
4) Mike Pavonna was the unanimous* choice of the … for the office of mayor. Mike was the unanimous choice of the crowd. The answer is “multitude”.
5) With all this equipment, we have the … to survive* for weeks in the most frigid* climate. We have the possibility, the capability, right? That’s “potential”.
6) The worn … betrayed* the poverty of the family. The word we’re looking for means coverings and cushions for furniture. Yes, that’s “upholstery”.
7) His family was distressed at Frank’s … to the normal adolescent* activities. His lack of interest, care, or attention. So, that would be “indifference”.
8) Unfortunately*, Carmen was too … with dates to devote much time to her studies. She was too busy with dates, they took all her attention. This one is “preoccupied”.
9) To start the air circulating*, turn the button to a … position. The word we’re looking for means straight up and down with reference to the horizon. The opposite of “horizontal”. So, that’s “vertical”.
10) Bob was pleased to be … for the presidency, but he gallantly* declined in favor of Carole. He was pleased to be named as a candidate. The answer is “nominated”.
11) When the security* leak was discovered, the editor called the newspaper … to check if there was any precedent* for such a case. The word we’re looking for means the reference library of a newspaper office. The word we’re looking for is “morgue”.
12) The winner’s … smile annoyed some of the members of the audience. The winner’s self-satisfied smile. So, that’s “complacent”.
Alright. Let’s go for the next part. “Synonyms” Now, circle the ones that most nearly express the meaning of our new words. You can pause here, answer this exercise, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you the correct answers. Are you ready?
Great. We’re finished now. I hope you enjoyed lesson 41. See you in the next one, good bye.
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.