چهل و دوم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح سخت
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there! Welcome to our little test for lesson 42.
First part, “Picture It” Take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? What do you say? Yes, that’s … “ballot”. This illustration suggests the word “ballot”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1) When the third person she approached turned away from her, Marilyn had a vague* feeling she was being …. She felt that she was being treated coldly. That’s “snubbed”.
2) Achilles’ … did not cease* until he had taken revenge on the slayer of his friend. His extreme anger did not cease. The correct answer would be “wrath”.
3) As the captain … their situation, he realized that resistance* was in vain*. As he considered carefully. Right, that’s “pondered”.
4) Father … that all forms of gambling should be declared illegal*. The word we’re looking for means to keep up; support; uphold. That’s “maintained”.
5) The prophet warned that the land cannot … such violations of morality*. Cannot bear, cannot stand. So, the answer would be “endure”.
6) To diminish* the chances of raising weaklings, the ancient Spartans used to … to the elements the babies that they did not want. The word we’re looking for means to leave unprotected; uncover. So, that’s “expose”.
7) The Robin Hood stories are a good illustration* of a … from the Middle Ages. An old story. Can you guess? Right, the answer is “legend”.
8) The … is the symbol* of the democratic way of choosing leaders. The word we’re looking for is a method of secret voting. That’s “ballot”.
9) Because of the secret nature of the cargo, visits to the … area were prohibited*. The place where ships load and unload. Right, this one is “wharf”.
10) The patriot* was … dying for his deed. This one means to yield; submit. The answer would be “resigned”.
11) We are trying to persuade* the sponsors of the bill to … it in order to improve its chances for passage. To change it, change for the better. That’s “amend”.
12) The guinea pigs could not put up with … changes in their diet. We need an adjective which means acting with force or violence. The answer is “drastic”.
Alright. Let’s go for the next part. “Creativity Exercise” Now, make up your own sentences, one for each of the new words you have just been taught. You can pause here, write your own sentences, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you some possible answers. Are you ready?
Fine, we’re finished now. I hope you enjoyed our 504 Absolutely Essential Words course. Good bye!
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.