چهلم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح خیلی سخت
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there! Welcome to our little test for lesson 40.
First part, “Picture It” Take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? What do you say? Yes, that’s … “obesity”. This illustration suggests the word “obesity”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1) Intemperate* eating habits can lead to …. They can lead to extreme fatness. That’s “obesity”.
2) To avoid* an …, the Surgeon-General ordered a thorough* study of the situation. To avoid an outbreak of a disease that spreads rapidly. The correct answer would be “epidemic”.
3) At a recent* meeting of …, a new treatment for arthritis was discussed. The word we’re looking for means practitioners of the system of complementary medicine based on the diagnosis and manipulative treatment of misalignments of the joints. Right, that’s “chiropractors”.
4) The humid* air in this room must be …. The air must be purified, it must be changed. That’s “ventilated”.
5) One thousand angry voters loudly signified* an … objection to the motion. The word we’re looking for means spoken; using speech. So, the answer would be “oral”.
6) The frightened man tormented* himself by … every unpleasant experience into a calamity*. He tormented himself by exaggerating his unpleasant experiences. So, that’s “magnifying”.
7) If used as a precedent, this verdict will prove to be an … to justice*. An obstruction to justice, anything that gets in the way or hinders. The answer is “obstacle”.
8) Without the … he had confidently* expected, Mr Halcroft faced hardships* in his retirement. Without the regular payment he was expecting. That’s “pension”.
9) The sale of the vacant* lot for construction of an office building will … the residential character of the neighborhood. It will endanger the residential character of the neighborhood. Right, this one is “jeopardize”.
10) Preserve* the … in case we need more prints. A photo showing the lights and shadows reversed. The answer would be “negative”.
11) We should all attend the meeting at the … center, for the issues are of vital* concern to every citizen. The word we’re looking for is an adjective which means relating to a town or district or its governing body. That’s “municipal”.
12) The heart and the brain are considered* the most … organs in the human body. The most necessary to life. The answer is “vital”.
Alright. Let’s go for the next part. “Creativity Exercise” Now, make up your own sentences, one for each of the new words you have just been taught. You can pause here, write your own sentences, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you some possible answers. Are you ready?
Fine, we’re finished now. I hope you enjoyed lesson 40. See you in the next one, good bye.
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.