سی و هشتم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح سخت
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there! Welcome to our little test for lesson 38.
The first part, “Picture It” Take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? What do you say? Right, this illustration suggests the word “kneel”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1) The principal probed* the cause of the … in the cafeteria. The cause of the noise, the disturbance. So, the first one is “tumult”.
2) A … of insects descended* on the picnic food. The word we’re looking for means group of insects flying or moving about together. The answer is “swarm”.
3) When asked for their … on the agreement, the members gave their approval spontaneously*. This one means decision of a jury; judgment. This one is “verdict”.
4) The first project in our creative writing class was a … of a close friend or relative. A written story of their lives. The answer is “biography”.
5) Until the flood waters …, the authorities prohibited* anyone from returning to the vicinity*. Until the waters go back, move back. So, the answer would be “receded”.
6) Mr Finley was redeemed* in the eyes of his employees* by his … in overlooking their costly error. The word we’re looking for here means kindness in judging people’s faults. That’s “charity”.
7) The grateful* traveler would … in prayer every night. The traveler would go down on his knees. So, that’s “kneel”.
8) Mother is an expert at soothing* our … spirits. Low spirits; being sad. You know, that’s “dejected”.
9) It is absurd* to surrender your rights to a … when you have abundant* reason to remain free. To surrender your rights to a cruel or unjust ruler. The answer is “tyrant”.
10) We faced the dilemma* of being … in the downpour while we covered our boat or having to bail the water out of the boat after the rain had ceased. The word we’re looking for means wet thoroughly; soak. That would be “drenched”.
11) Melinda shrieked* as the unstable* pedestrian* … into the path of the oncoming car. As he moved unsteadily. The answer is “wobbled”.
12) A glance* from the mother was enough of a reminder to bring the … child back to her side. The child does what he’s told, he’s willing to obey. So, that would be “obedient”.
Alright. Let’s go for the next part. “True or False” Now, based on the way the new word is used, write T (true) or F (false) next to the sentence. You can pause here, answer this exercise, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you the correct answers. Are you ready?
Great. We’re finished now.
I hope you enjoyed lesson 38. See you in the next one, good bye.
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.