سی و چهارم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح سخت
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there! Welcome to our little test for lesson 34.
So, “Picture It” Take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? What do you say? Yes, that would be… “vaccinate”. This illustration suggests the word “vaccinate”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below. I’ll help you through this. 1) It is to Mitchell’s credit that he gained a harvest* of friends in his … years. In his youth, in his youthful years. So, that’s “adolescent”.
2) The … who gets the job must have an adequate* knowledge* of journalism*. We’re looking for a word which means a person who is proposed for some office or honor. That’s “candidate”.
3) Detective Wayne threatened* to take … action if the outlaws* did not surrender. Take extreme action. The answer is “radical”.
4) You can scarcely* call Jay’s hour-long acceptance speech a … response* to his victory. He didn’t do it on the spur of the moment. That would be “spontaneous”.
5) If you consent* to have yourself … against the Asiatic flu, you will be relieved* of further tension or worry. Inoculate with vaccine. That’s “vaccinated”.
6) Brad identified* the … as a miniature* radiation gauge. The word we’re looking for means a container or tool used for practical purposes. That would be “utensil”.
7) Kim is … about her poor grades, yet she rejects* offers of help. She is easily hurt, easily offended. The answer is “sensitive”.
8) The warden* tried to soothe* the violent* men by speaking to them in a … manner. Speaking to them in a moderate manner. The word we’re looking for is “temperate”.
9) From the piles of rubbish it is obvious* that the occupant* of this room was an … person. The occupant of this room wasn’t neat, wasn’t tidy. That’s “untidy”.
10) The data* show that … classes tend to encourage* greater competition* in learning. Having to do with educating both sexes in the same school. That’s “coeducational”.
11) A rise in the wholesale* prices … the sharp increase on the retail level. The word we’re looking for means come before; be higher in rank or importance. The answer would be “precedes”.
12) In the hazy* sunlight, we watched the swallows … over the water. We watched them move lightly over the water, glide along. Right, it’s “skim”.
Alright. Let’s go for the next part. “Matching” Take a look at these two columns. You can pause here, match the 12 new words in Column I with the definitions in Column II, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you the correct answers. Are you ready?
Alright. Now, we’re finished and you can check your answers. I hope you enjoyed lesson 34. See you in the next one, good bye.
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.