بیست و نهم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح سخت
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there! Welcome to our little test for lesson 29.
So, “Picture It” Take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? What do you say? Yes, that would be— “mourn”. This illustration suggests the word “mourn”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below. I’ll help you through this. 1) There is a tendency* to — politicians from keeping campaign promises. The word we’re looking for means to make free from; freed from. The politicians make themselves free from all those promises. So, that’s “exempt”.
2) A — of such a blunder* could be disastrous. Making such mistakes, over and over again, could be disastrous. That’s “repetition”.
3) The guide* was compelled* to admit he had — far from the intended route. To admit he had made a stupid mistake. He had “blundered”.
4) A miserly* person cannot — the joy of sharing. A miserly person cannot understand the joy of sharing. Cannot “comprehend”.
5) Though doctors — to cure the undernourished* child, he never regained his full health. They worked hard to cure the child. They “toiled”.
6) Three workers were — when the ladder collapsed*. They were injured when the ladder collapsed. That would be “maimed”.
7) The policeman was — for his bravery in capturing the armed outlaw*. The policeman was praised for his bravery. He was “commended”.
8) The perfect attendance of our class illustrated* the importance of this — exam. The importance of this one last exam. The word we’re looking for is “final”.
9) Friend and foe united* in — the death of the leader, for she was respected by all. They all united in grieving. That’s “mourning”.
10) The drowning man’s cries were uttered* in —, because no one was near to hear them. No one was near to hear them. Those cries had no use. That’s “vain”.
11) Miguel’s fever — after he took the medicine. His fever lessened. It sunk to a lower level. The answer would be “subsided”.
12) My brother was in such a — over the tragedy* that he could hardly respond* to questions. And, the last one, he was confused, he was bewildered. My brother was in such a “daze”.
Alright. Let’s go for the next part. “Matching” Take a look at these two columns. You can pause here, match the 12 new words in Column I with the definitions in Column II, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you the correct answers. Are you ready?
Great. Now, we’re finished and you can check your answers.
I hope you enjoyed lesson 29. See you in the next one, good bye.
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.