بیست و هشتم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح خیلی سخت
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there! Welcome to our little test for lesson 28.
Alright! “Picture It” Now, please take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? So, what do you say? Sure, that would be… “Disaster”. This illustration suggests the word “Disaster”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below. I’ll help you through this. 1) Many Americans can be considered* … because they deprive* their body of proper foods in favor of rich, fatty foods. The word we’re looking for means not sufficiently fed. So, do you remember? Yes, that’s “undernourished”.
2) Though he was threatened* with imprisonment, Martin would not … the whereabouts of the treasure. He would not uncover the secrets. The answer is “disclose”.
3) When the report of the airplane … reached us, many people pledged* their help in locating* survivors*. We’re looking for a word which means a great misfortune; an event that causes much suffering or loss. Yes, that’d be “disaster”.
4) The only hope for the world is to … war. The only hope is to declare war unlawful! I think it is already unlawful! But anyway, the answer is “outlaw”.
5) The police were reluctant* to use … force, even to preserve* order. They were reluctant to use extreme force. Extreme, so that’s “excessive”.
6) This is a court of justice* for the … and the innocent alike. For the offender and the innocent alike. So, what is it? Yeah, that’s “culprit”.
7) Certain foods that … tooth decay should be banned* from the market. The word we’re looking for means help to grow and develop. So, certain foods that “promote” tooth decay.
8) An artist was hired to … a book on the birds of this vicinity*. We’re looking for a word that means make clear or explain by stories, examples, comparisons, or other means. An artist was hired to “illustrate” a book.
9) If you … on shouting, I shall be compelled* to leave. If you keep shouting. If you stay firmly on this, I shall be compelled* to leave. The answer is “insist”.
10) It would be a disaster* for freedom of the press if the … were permitted to tell us what we can read. Someone who examines books, films, news, etc that are about to be published and suppresses any parts that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security. Do you remember? The answer would be “censor”.
11) James has just about exhausted* his father’s patience with his … behavior. With his childish behavior. The answer is “juvenile”.
12) Only a brutal* person would … someone who is disabled. Only a brutal person would annoy or taunt some who is disabled. So, the word we’re looking for is “bait”.
Great. Now, the next part, “Word Detective” As you know, you have to choose the word that corresponds to each definition below. Take a look at this page. You can pause here, choose the correct words, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you the correct answers. Are you ready?
Alright! I hope you enjoyed lesson 28. See you in the next one, good bye.
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.