سی و نهم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح سخت
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there! Welcome to our little test for lesson 39.
So, “Picture It” Take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? What do you say? Yes, that would be… “depart”. This illustration suggests the word “depart”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below. I’ll help you through this.
1) After several hours, Raoul abandoned* his search to … for home. He abandoned his search to leave for home. So, that’s “depart”.
2) The police department … all leaves until the dangerous lunatic* was captured. The word we’re looking for means cross out; mark so that it cannot be used. That’s “cancelled”.
3) The … helped to advertise the circus. The poster helped to advertise the circus. The answer is “placard”.
4) Since the disease is so …, it is essential* to identify* the carrier. The disease easily spreads from one to another. That would be “contagious”.
5) It was fortunate* that the journalist* had … the sinister* plan to assassinate the president. The journalist had discovered the sinister plan. That’s “unearthed”.
6) It was … for the victorious* general to ride at the head of a parade. It was a custom, it was usual, right? That would be “customary”.
7) When she slipped in the shower, Myra was … by the hot water. Boiling water poured over her. The answer is “scalded”.
8) Through the … curtain, the entire scene was visible*. The curtain was see-through. The word we’re looking for is “transparent”.
9) Only a portion of the scrolls found in the cave were …, but their value should not be underestimated*. Only a portion of them were readable. That’s “legible”.
10) The duties of the … are not confined* to religious matters. People who are prepared for religious work. That’s “clergy”.
11) The … was brought to court for having deceived* the bank with a false statement of his finances*. The person who owed money to the bank. The answer would be “debtor”.
12) Since their interests do not … there is still a lingering* doubt in my mind if they should enter into matrimony*. The word we’re looking for means to correspond exactly; agree. Right, it’s “coincide”.
Alright. Let’s go for the next part. “Matching” Take a look at these two columns. You can pause here, match the 12 new words in Column I with the definitions in Column II, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you the correct answers. Are you ready?
Alright. Now, we’re finished and you can check your answers. I hope you enjoyed lesson 39. See you in the next one, good bye.
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.