بیست و چهارم - آزمون
- زمان مطالعه 0 دقیقه
- سطح سخت
دانلود اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس»
این درس را میتوانید به بهترین شکل و با امکانات عالی در اپلیکیشن «زبانشناس» بخوانید
برای دسترسی به این محتوا بایستی اپلیکیشن زبانشناس را نصب کنید.
متن انگلیسی درس
Hi there, guys! Welcome to our little test for lesson 24.
The first part, “Picture It” Take a look at this picture here. Which of the words studied in this lesson is suggested by the picture? What do you say? Exactly, this illustration suggests the word “Wail”.
Now, the next part. “Fill in the Blanks” Place one of the new words in each of the blanks below.
1) I have it on the highest … that the lead in the play has been chosen. We’re looking for a word that means the right to command or enforce obedience. Now, the answer would be “authority”.
2) I am going to … my brother to become a lawyer. I’m going to give courage to him. So, that’s “encourage”.
3) Uncle Sam is the well-known … of the United States. Uncle Sam represents United States. So, that’s “symbol”.
4) We pay $5 a month to keep our house free from … . From those small animals that are destructive. The answer is “vermin”.
5) When a country is …, it does not want to get involved in foreign conflict*. The word we’re looking for means on neither side of a quarrel or a war. That’s “neutral”.
6) What type of art work do you … to be beautiful? We need a verb that means think about in order to decide. What do you say? Yes, that’s “consider”.
7) The … lion clawed at the visitors to the zoo. The wild, vicious lion. So, that would be “fierce”.
8) To hear the … of a person in sorrow is to hear a dismal* sound. To hear the cry of a person in sorrow is to hear a dismal sound. This one is “wail”.
9) Only a … of Ivan’s fortune was left to his human beneficiaries*; most of the money was given to his cats. Only a small amount of his fortune. So, that’s “trifle”.
10) I … people who are jealous* of my success. I don’t like the people who are jealous of my success. I hate them. The answer is “detest”.
11) The unpleasant salesgirl always had a … on her face. She always had a frown on her face. The word we’re looking for is “scowl”.
12) My father warned me not to … at our poor relatives. He warned me not to make scornful looks. So, that’s “sneer”.
Alright. Let’s go for the next part. “Synonyms” Now, circle the ones that most nearly express the meaning of our new words. You can pause here, answer this exercise, and in 5 seconds, I’m gonna show you the correct answers. Are you ready?
Great. We’re finished now.
I hope you enjoyed lesson 24. See you in the next one, good bye.
مشارکت کنندگان در این صفحه
تا کنون فردی در بازسازی این صفحه مشارکت نداشته است.
🖊 شما نیز میتوانید برای مشارکت در ترجمهی این صفحه یا اصلاح متن انگلیسی، به این لینک مراجعه بفرمایید.